Journal home Journal issue About the journal. Yoshiki Wakabayashi Author information.
- The Role of Maps in the Cognition of Geographic Space.
- Spatial Cognition: Geographic Environments / Edition 1.
- 'Cognition and the City: An Introduction'?
- Economist - 26 April 2011.
- IN ADDITION TO READING ONLINE, THIS TITLE IS AVAILABLE IN THESE FORMATS:?
- Environmental Ethics: Intercultural Perspectives. (Value Inquiry Book)?
- Jasmine Fever: Confessions of a jaded expat in Thailand.
Keywords: spatial cognition , map-reading , GIS , geographic space. Published: received: October 30, Released: October 30, accepted: January 07, [Advance Publication] Released: - corrected: -. Article overview. References Related articles 0.
Spatial cognition : geographic environments / by Robert Lloyd - Details - Trove
Figures 0. His areas of academic interest include urban modelling, agent-based models, urban morphology, movement, spatial behaviour and cognition, urban systems and social geography of the city.
- Profit by Investing in Real Estate Tax Liens: Earn Safe, Secured, and Fixed Returns Every Time.
- School of Computing and Information Science?
- 11 SPACE SYNTAX SYMPOSIUM LISBON.
- Tribes & Empire on the Margins of Nineteenth-Century Iran!
- Beyond small-scale spatial skills: Navigation skills and geoscience education.
- Molecular Insights into Ion Channel Biology in Health and Disease;
- Image and Environment?
- Chapter 9: Cognitive neuroscience of spatial and geographic thinking?
- Spatial Cognition by R. Lloyd | Waterstones.
- Eyewitnessing: The Uses of Images as Historical Evidence.
His research examines processes connecting urban built environments to spatial behaviour and cognition, movement, and the formation of social and functional urban areas. He also develops agent-based models for simulating and modelling motorized and non-motorized movements in planned or in existing urban environments.
'Cognition and the City: An Introduction'
His research is into the effect of the spatial design of the built environment on the social and economic function of organisations and communities. His research integrates complexity and self-organization theories, environmental-spatial cognition, urban dynamics and planning in modern and ancient periods. His publications include more than 70 research articles and 16 books.
His work focuses on urban complexity with an emphasis on urban mobility patterns and spatio-temporal data analysis. He is experienced as a practicing architect and urban planner.
About this issue Issue number. Summary The contributors to this issue explore the integration of two disciplinary domains — cognition as studied mainly in cognitive science, and cities as studied in disciplines such as urban studies, urban geography and architecture. Cited by. Related Articles. Paper Title Pages.
Behavior and Environment, Volume 96
Abstract: Accident is undesired to anyone. But the research shows that the main cause of accident is unsafe behavior.
The interaction mechanism of accident system was analyzed in the process of gas explosion through typical accidents and the conclusion was that the accident was occurred because unsafe behavior induced the dangerous factor in work environment. In order to further acquaint of it, the situation cognition of workers in the coal mine production process was analyzed with the research of aviation. The cognition of safe information in work process was affected by workload, goal, work habituation and others.
Finally, the accident model based on situation cognition was posed and some measures were proposed.
More from this issue
Abstract: Cloud computing is a new computing and business paradigm with flexible and powerful computational architecture to offer universal services to users via Internet. The performance of the scheduling system influences the cost benefit of this computing paradigm. Thus, jobs should be scheduled efficiently to reduce the execution cost and time. In this paper, we present an intelligent scheduling system, which considers both the requirements of different service requests and the circumstances of the computing infrastructure which consists of various resource, then, the main components of the system are introduced in detail, at last, the conclusions are drawn and the further research directions of the scheduling systems are pointed out.