Looks like you do not have access to this content.
As the analysis of social networks, or networks of interpersonal and social relationships among social groups, has become an increasingly important method of research in several of the social and behavioral sciences, the gathering of network data has outpaced the development of new methods for its analysis.
Addressing the need for new analytical tools, Philippa Pattison presents a number of new algebraic models for the analysis of network data, explaining in the process the rationale for an algebraic approach.
- Cool Stars, Stellar Systems, and the Sun.
- Account Options;
- 3 Swedish Crime Thriller Novels: The Ice Princess / The Preacher / The Stonecutter;
- Social Networks, Algebraic Models for.
- Electricity, Industry and Class in South Africa.
- Burgers Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery, Nervous System Agents.
- Psychology: The Science of Behaviour.
Models are developed for both complete networks, meaning those representing the social ties between all pairs of members in a given group, and local networks, meaning those structured around the social ties of one particular group member. Many applications are presented and the ways that these methods can address a number of important issues confronting network analysis are explained. Appendix A Some basic mathematical terms.
Models and Methods in Social Network Analysis : Mark Granovetter :
Enviado por Tales Vaz Alencar flag Denunciar. Step by step, the book introduces the main structural concepts and their applications in social research with exercises to test the understanding. In each chapter, each theoretical section is followed by an application section explain- ing how to perform the network analyses with Pajek software.
Pajek software and data sets for all examples are freely available, so the reader can learn network analysis by doing it. In addition, each chapter offers case studies for practicing network analy- sis.
In the end, the reader has the knowledge, skills, and tools to apply social network analysis in all social sciences, ranging from anthropology and sociology to business administration and history. His international publications have appeared in Poetics and Social Networks.
He has won several awards for graph drawings at competitions between and He has edited Metodoloski zvezki since Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences Mark Granovetter, editor The series Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences presents approaches that explain social behavior and institutions by reference to relations among such concrete entities as persons and organizations. The social network approach is an important example of the strategy of structural analysis; the series also draws on social science theory and research that is not framed explicitly in network terms, but stresses the importance of relations rather than the atomization of reduction or the determination of ideas, technology, or material condi- tions.
Series: Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences
By bringing the achievements of structurally oriented scholars to a wider public, the Structural Analysis series hopes to encourage the use of this very fruitful approach. Mark Granovetter Other Books in the Series 1.
- Missle Defence: International, Regional and National Implications (Contemporary Security Studies);
- Microwave Filters, Impedance-Matching Networks, and Coupling Structures (Artech Microwave Library).
- CCSP complete study guide: 642-501, 642-511, 642-521, 642-531, 642-541!
- A Scanner Darkly;
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Drug War Statistics: A Critical Analysis of Claims Made by the Office of National Drug Control Policy (2nd Edition);
- Adamson Nucleus Biology (NUCL).
- Credit and Community: Working-Class Debt in the UK since 1880;
Mark S. Mizruchi and Michael Schwartz, eds.