The last vicious act attributed to Jezebel is recorded in 1 Kings — Elijah confronted Ahab in the vineyard, predicting that he and all his heirs would be destroyed and that dogs in Jezreel would devour Jezebel. A few years later Ahab perished in battle with the Syrians. Jezebel lived on for approximately another ten years. Expecting him, she adorned herself for the occasion. Looking down from her window, she taunted him, and Jehu ordered her eunuchs to throw her out the window.
Article Media. Info Print Cite. Submit Feedback.
Who Was Jezebel?
Thank you for your feedback. See Article History. Date Converter.
Email Lists. Event Directory. Greeting Cards. Halachic Times. Jewish Calendar. Judaica Store. Knowledge Base.
- The story of Jezebel has three parts:!
- Jezebel, Phoenician Queen of Israel.
- Quick Facts.
- Mein Huter und mein Hirt.
- Those Terrible Middle Ages: Debunking the Myths?
SMS Shabbat Times. Yahrtzeit Lookup. Popular Tools:. Shabbat Times.
BIBLE HISTORY DAILY
Email Subscriptions. More Sites Today is Sun. Jewish Practice. Esther Rabbah Sanhedrin b.
How Bad Was Jezebel?
II Melachim Sanhedrin 67b. Abarbanel, II Melachim I Melachim Ralbag ibid. See also Radak ibid. See Chida, Shiyurei Beracha Responsa Yabia Omer, vol.
Jezebel | Villains Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
V, Yoreh Deah, Sichot Kodesh , vol. II, p. By Avrohom Bergstein. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you comply with Chabad. More in this section Who Was Isaiah?
See a Problem?
You may also be interested in Murder of Naboth. By Jean-Pierre Isbouts.
- Conflict Due to a Female Deity.
- Life-time Data: Statistical Models And Methods (Quality, Reliability and Engineering Statistics)!
- An illustrated dictionary to Xenophons Anabasis, with groups of words etymologically related.
- Profile of Jezebel, Enemy of the True God.
- JEZEBEL, Bible Queen: Painted whore? Idol-worshipper?.
- A radical philosophy of Saint Paul.
- Queen Jezebel - E! True Hollywood Story: Women of the Bible.
- Modernity and Exclusion.
- How the pagan Queen Jezebel became a notorious villain in the Bible;
National Geographic explores notable biblical figures in our ongoing series People in the Bible, as part of our coverage of the history of the Bible and the search for sacred texts. In this film by filmmaker Andrea Pecora , get a rare look at this mysterious ancient tradition.
The Short Film Showcase spotlights exceptional short videos created by filmmakers from around the web and selected by National Geographic editors. The filmmakers created the content presented, and the opinions expressed are their own, not those of National Geographic Partners.