- Kids: You Can Manage Your Own Stress! (Child Psychology Book 16).
- Intellectual Culture in Medieval Paris: Theologians and the University, c.1100-1330!
- Peace Power & Plenty (Cosimo Classics: Personal Development)!
- Historical Narrative and the Central Lineage of Roman Power?
- Animality and Childrens Literature and Film.
- Enhancing Cognitive Fitness in Adults?
Monitor Daily Current Issue. Monitor Political Cartoons.
Share this article Copy link Link copied. Next Up. Save for Later.
Critics have tended to discuss his reflections on the various issues presented in his work or to use him as a source of valuable information about the historical period that he records. This volume, which draws on narratology s analytical tools, focuses instead on the narrative of the Histories, exploring the sophisticated narrative techniques that have gone into shaping it.
Terminal Symptom of Democracy in Antiquity - REVERSAL POINT
In doing so, it pays particular attention to the ways the formal aspects of the text contribute to promoting Polybius thematic concerns. Its aim is not only to present the Histories as the work of an author who has taken pains to provide us with a carefully structured story, but also to illustrate how interpretations of this story can be enriched by a sensitivity to factors such as chronological displacements and variations of focalization. About this title Synopsis: In his attempt to explain Rome's rise to world power, Polybius composed a carefully structured narrative.
- Renewable Energy in Power Systems!
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review .
- Environmental Chemistry of Selenium (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environment, V. 64).
- Recent Publications | Ancient History & Mediterranean Archaeology.
- Heartbroke Bay.
- Thucydides Mythistoricus;
Miltsios , Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Payment Methods accepted by seller Check. Bibliothek der griechischen Literatur; vol.
Translator , , Stuttgart: Hiersemann Verlag. Untersuchungen zur antiken Literatur und Geschichte; vol. Cohen-Skalli, A. Pollmann, K. Miltsios, N. Berlin: de Gruyter , p. Canevaro, M. Criticism and History in Augustan Rome. Polybius and Sallust Wiater, N. Forsdyke, S. Oxford University Press , p. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press , p. Pluralising the Past. Ruffell, I.
London: Routledge , p. Lianeri, A. Hellenistische Rhetorik Wiater, N. Zimmermann, B.
Kissing Wiater, N. Wiater, N.