Join Kobo & start eReading today
Pew research also shows the connection between library support of digital literacy skills and employment. Contributing to the economic health of the community, and the economic success of individuals, are major reasons that teaching digital literacy skills is important. Public libraries are teaching digital literacy, and doing it well. Through its digital literacy efforts, the Public Library Association supports its members to make their libraries digital literacy learning centers. Feedback from public library staff directed PLA to develop courses on the most basic skills, such as using a computer, navigating a web site, and searching.
Modules are video-based with narration, 6 to 22 minutes long, written at the fourth grade reading level, and help learners practice skills like using a mouse and setting up passwords.
The book will become essential reading for all those interested in literacy and libraries throughout the world. Search all titles. Search all titles Search all collections.
- Moses Hess and Modern Jewish Identity:.
- Health Literacy, Programming, and Consumer Health Information | Public Library Association (PLA);
- Foods and Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease in Older Adults.
- After the Cataclysm: Postwar Indochina and the Reconstruction of Imperial Ideology (The Political Economy of Human Rights, Volume 2)?
- DON’T TREAD ON ME: An interview with Mike Page of the Oakland County, Michigan Militia (1).
- Tin in Organic Synthesis.
Your Account Logout. Linking Literacy and Libraries in Global Communities.
By Marlene Asselin, Ray Doiron. Education about consumer health services and programming can help public librarians stay current and develop new programs and services for their communities.
- Digital Literacy.
- Strategic Delegation in Firms and in the Trade Union (Contributions to Economics)?
- OUR technology solution can amplify your reach?
- What can we do about it?;
- Linking Literacy and Libraries in Global Communities;
- New Testament Textual Criticism: The Application of Thoroughgoing Principles: Essays on Manuscripts and Textual Variation (Supplements to Novum Testamentum).
- Linking Literacy and Libraries in Global Communities - Semantic Scholar!
This on-demand webinar provides an overview of educational programs available via the National Network of Libraries of Medicine about consumer health and specific health topics. These programs can help librarians get the Consumer Health Information Specialization CHIS credential, which brings an additional, recognized level of expertise to their libraries and helps them connect with community partners. This on-demand webinar reviews CHIS requirements and benefits and showcases specific projects and programs that public library staff have developed with the knowledge they gained from consumer health educational experiences.
- Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
- Banking and Financial Institutions: A Guide for Directors, Investors, and Counterparties.
- Crazy Town: Money. Marriage. Meth..
- Linking Literacy and Libraries in Global Communities | Taylor & Francis Group.
- Unite for Literacy;
- The psychotic Internet services Unix bible.A reference for all of us!
- Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 8.
Members and non-members alike can receive news about Promoting Healthy Communities.